Notice from the United States Bankruptcy Court
for the Eastern District of Tennessee in Response to COVID-19 Virus
Concerning the evolving and expanding public health considerations related to the COVID-19 virus, and upon consideration of the information available at this time, the court has made the following determinations in an effort to balance the needs of the bar and public with their safety and that of the court staff serving them:
- Open hearings as presently scheduled will continue to be held and future hearings may continue to be scheduled;
- Telephonic appearances and participation at court hearings will be broadly available to both counsel and parties to limit personal contact in court spaces;
- The court will be receptive to motions for mutually agreed upon continuances of hearings and counsel are encouraged to do so when practical and appropriate;
- The court strongly urges the filing of motions to continue in situations where the health of individuals is or may be at risk; and
- The notice attached as an exhibit will be posted on public doors.
Those wishing to participate telephonically in a scheduled hearing should contact chambers of the presiding judge for guidance and instruction on how to dial in to a hearing. Contact information is available under “Judges’ Information” on our public webpage www.tneb.uscourts.gov.
It is anticipated that during the course of this public health emergency the court may find itself operating with reduced staff. While our goal remains to effectively serve the bar and public, we appreciate your patience as resources may be stretched. As the situation with the COVID-19 virus evolves, so will our court’s response to it. Any additional changes will be communicated as soon as they are determined.
Marcia Phillips Parsons
Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge March 13, 2020
NOTICE FROM THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF TENNESSEE
DO NOT ENTER IF
- You have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID- 19; or
- You have been asked to self-quarantine by any hospital or health agency; or
- You are exhibiting cold or flu symptoms; or
- You have traveled to CHINA, IRAN, ITALY, or SOUTH KOREA within the past 14 days or you reside or have had close contact with someone who has travelled to one of these countries within the last 14 days.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY OR THE BANKRUPTCY CLERK’S OFFICE AT:
Chattanooga & Winchester