IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF NORTH CARO….. =–
RESTRICTIONS ON VISITORS TO COURTHOUSES
) STANDING ORDER 12
ATTENTION ALL ENTRANTS
The United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 as well as the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC having advised people to take precautions, and having noted that the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus, and the Governor having declared a State of Emergency in the State of North Carolina:
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED by the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina that only those with official business are permitted to enter.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the following persons shall not enter any U.S. Courthouse, combined Courthouse/Federal Facility or U.S. Probation Office in the Middle District of North Carolina without prior permission from the Chief Judge or designee:
- Persons who have traveled outside of the United States within the last 14 days, in the state of WASHINGTON, NEW ROCHELLE, NEW YORK, or any locale that has been declared in quarantine.
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has been in one of the countries or states listed above within the last 14 days;
- Persons displaying symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath;
- Persons who have been diagnosed with, or have had contact with, anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19; and
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the United States Marshal, his Deputies, and the Court Security Officers shall deny entry t0 anyone attempting to enter in violation of this Order;